Rejuvenate, renew and relax.
At the 1861 Inn it will take you just moments to unwind from daily pressures and drift into the graciousness of yesteryear. The Inn’s three well-appointed guestrooms will enhance the intimacy of your stay. An extensive list of amenities is offered to pamper both the leisure and the business traveler.
Your guestroom will include:
- Pristine private bath with slipper claw foot tub, steam shower or European water closet.
- Sumptuous featherbeds with luxurious cotton linens, soft fluffy cotton towels and down pillows, micro gel pillows and chamber pillows from DOWNLITE .
- Fireplace or private, screened porch with direct access to the pool deck.
- Turn down service with chocolates.
- Fresh flowers and seasonal fruits.
- Hairdryer, telephones for local calls and cable television.
- Beverage glasses and an endless supply of ice.
- One adoring spaniel.
Your stay will include the following complimentary services:
- Morning newspaper available daily.
- Complimentary soda and water.
- Chef’s choice gourmet breakfast service or a bag breakfast for early departures.
- Dinner at the Inn is an option - inquire when booking for availability and selections.
- Breakfast guests can be accommodated - please arrange with the innkeepers and the charge will be added to your bill.
- Accommodations for any special dietary needs.
- Wireless internet.
- Iron and ironing board – forgotten personal items if needed.
- Innkeepers on premises 24 hours.
- Concierge services upon request.
If you are looking for the most entertaining views from Cincinnati, read
some of the tales from our friends Neil, Eric and Dexter. They will guide you to some of the most interesting spots to dine and visit during your stay in the area.
Contact the innkeepers prior to your stay for pricing and to arrange for personalized treats to be waiting in your room. Select
from snack and fruit baskets, fresh baked cookies and brownies, fruit and cheese assortments, dipped strawberries and assorted sparkling beverages. Also available for your pleasure while visiting in the area are picnic appetizer, salad or sandwich lunches "to go." A 24-hour notice is requested for these specialty
Truly want to unwind? We will be happy to arrange a massage in your room or, depending on the season, in a relaxing outdoor location on the property.
The 1861 Inn Goes Green!
- All cotton and fine organic linens.
- Energy efficient appliances and hv/ac systems.
- Hot water on-demand water heating technology.
Features of the Inn’s property include:
- Ideal location for a wedding or private party.
- Secured entry with 24 hour access.
- Use of the comfortable first floor library and living room.
- Spacious side and front porches.
- 20’ x 40’ swimming pool and hot tub surrounded by seasonal gardens and the privacy of wooded acreage.
- Seven acres of private wooded property.
- Convenient access to U.S. Rt. 32 and I-275.
- Ample parking for cars as well as boat and horse trailers if required. The 1861 Inn is only minutes from East Fork State Park for boating, swimming and twenty-five miles of riding trails.
- Charming two story brick federal style home - circa 1861.
- Twelve-foot ceilings throughout most of the Inn – original decorative molding and ceiling medallion in the living room and cove ceiling treatment in the library.
- Red oak or heart of pine floors throughout.
- Cozy fireplaces enhance common areas and one guest room.
- Three original outbuildings including a gentleman’s bank barn on property.
- Handcrafted original winding staircase.
- Window glass and bricks handmade on property.